Friday, May 10, 2013

Should I Buy My Lady A Diamond Ring?


I’m just sitting here on this endless delay
Allowing my time to flow away
I’m thinking about that April spring
Should I buy my lady a diamond ring?

There is nothing here that’s in this world
That is better than my special girl
So it’s time to let my true love sing
Should I buy my lady that diamond ring?

She’s been there for me through thick and thin
And her patience with me, it never caves in
It’s time to show my appreciation
By giving her my full dedication

I will keep our flame forever lit and from dying
Whatever it takes, I will keep on trying
This isn’t some line that is used for lying
Her unconditional love for me, is so inspiring

It feels so good to make her feel wanted
She deserves the best, she deserves to flaunt it
I’ve decided to make a go at this theme
It’s time to buy my lady a diamond ring.

Can a flame stay burning without feeding it?
Can a flower stay growing without being grounded?
So I can’t expect my lady to be any different
I must nurture her and care and show her I mean it

Besides, what is this thing called money
It can’t feed you like milk and honey
For it cannot be compared to love
And you can’t take it with you to the sky above

So instead of holding on to it in a cheap way
Why not use it to show I want my lady to stay
This is why I’m doing the right thing
By buying my lady that diamond ring

© Copyright 2013 by Steve Ryan

Check out Steve Ryan's book, ''Love Poems: Are You The One?''. Available in all bookstores and on kindle.  Click Here to go to the book on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Big fan of poetry and this is a great one. The fight that many men have when that day comes. To either run or stay. So many hesitant souls scared of commitment and in this day in time who wouldn't be. People should never be afraid of Love or Commitment though. Either way this a great poem and there should be more like it!

    ReplyDelete