Thursday, April 16, 2015

This Love is Taking Over Me

This is a poem from the book ''Love Poems: Are You The One?''


This Love is Taking Over Me

I’ve been sitting here all alone
Just thinking about you coming home
It’s only been a few hours since we’ve touched
But baby my heart is missing you so much

It’s hard to concentrate with my time
I can’t get you off my mind
I’m thinking about what you said when you were leaving
You admitted being in love and there was no questioning

It shocked me because I was thinking the same thing
I’m ready for you to move in; I want to give you a ring
Although you have your home and I have mine
You’re always over here all the time

We’re like a married couple with the way that we act
I always look forward to you coming back
Your clothes are here and it’s like you’ve moved in
You’ll be back tonight and I can’t wait until then

This love is taking over me
Is this real or is this a dream?
Our emotions come so intensely
I want you right here, next to me

When we’re together I feel so free
But when we’re apart it’s hard to sleep
The feelings are mutual I do understand
I’m going to do my best to be a good man

© Copyright 2014 by Steve Ryan 
Love Poems: Are You The One?  sold in book stores.  Click Here for Link to Amazon.

\

No comments:

Post a Comment