Friday, September 8, 2017

Can We Save What We Had?

Can We Save What We Had?

Am I wrong to be in love with another?
Although I’m committed to you
I don’t know why this is happening
What should I do?

I’m trying hard to make us work
But it’s not right to deceive my heart
I don’t think I’m in love with you anymore
You’re taking me for granted and I need more

Staying in love can’t be a routine
We must keep it interesting and change the scene
Love is like a flower that needs water to grow
To deny this will make our sparkle not show

You’ve changed how you treated me over time
We don’t talk anymore, now I feel we’re in a lie
You just assume that I will always be there
Now I feel imprisoned and it’s not fair

This opened the door for my heart to be open
And now I’m having dreams about love with another
Don’t get me wrong, I will never cheat
I’m a faithful person and I believe in honesty

Something has to change or we’re going to end
We have to rebuild our relationship and start again
I hope that you’re open to a brand new start
If you’re not, then you’re going to lose me in my heart

I don’t want to hurt you or hurt me
We have to get sincere and rekindle our dream
I want us to last and I want it to be life long

Please help us and be open to correcting this wrong

© Copyright 2013 By Steve Ryan
From the Book ''Love Poems Are You The One''.
EBook & Paperback available on Amazon 
Audiobook available on Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment