Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Should I Hope for Love?

Should I Hope for Love?

Does real love exist?
Or is it just a figment of our imagination?
These are questions that come in my mind
I’ve been in and out of love through time

How does love survive and weather the storm?
Was this the way we’re designed when we’re born?
I’m trying to figure this out so I won’t forget
What is this true love so that I know what to expect?

Why is it that we can be in love one minute?
And then the next, we fall out of love?
What does this really mean?
Was our love true from the beginning?

I question these things from experience
It’s been more than once that I was in it
When I thought that I had found the one
In a blink of an eye, we were done

This quest for love is like a huge mystery
I’m running out of patience and energy
I don’t know if I can go through it one more time
Falling in and out of love is tearing my mind

What is the meaning of all of this?
Is life and love just a big game?
I admit sometimes it is fun
But this up and down is getting lame

I guess I will move forward down this road
It can’t hurt to have a glimmer of hope
Love, if you’re out there and you really exist

I need you to step forward out of this nothingness

© Copyright 2013 By Steve Ryan
From the Book ''Love Poems Are You The One''.
EBook & Paperback available on Amazon 
Audiobook available on Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment