Monday, June 4, 2018

Your Cheating Ways

Your Cheating Ways

How dare you say I’m blind?
I know that you’re a liar
You lie to me all the time
My rage builds up like fire
If you had to cheat
Then why didn’t you just leave
Why hold on to me
Let’s end this with some dignity

I knew something was going on
Your body language tells it all
You were acting different and distant
And then you made the wrong call
It’s funny how the truth always comes out
There’s no way to deny it
Your mistake revealed what was in the dark
And now there is no more trying

There is no excuse
To cause so much pain
I just wanted honesty
But all you’ve brought is shame
You broke up our happy home
Your deception did us wrong
I hope it was all worth it
No one’s in your corner and you’re alone
I gave you every opportunity
To end what we had
You begged me to stay with you

Why would you cheat after that?

© Copyright 2013 By Steve Ryan
From the Book ''Love Poems Are You The One''.
EBook & Paperback available on Amazon 
Audiobook available on Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment