Tuesday, June 30, 2020

This In-Between Game

This In-Between Game

One day I realized
What you mean to me
Though love is there inside
It don’t seem to be
When I get close to you
You take a step back or two
And when I’m ready to move on
You show me that you don’t want us done

I looked into your eyes
Trying to see what you see
I felt so blind
Because your heart don’t match our scene
You’re trying to make me feel like a fool
I’m not going to chase after you
Why do you wait until you I’m leaving?
That’s when you’re to make a move

I looked into your eyes
They made me realize
That time’s not on our side
You’re letting love pass us by
I believed in you and me
I thought our love could be
But it was just a dream
It was just a fantasy

This in between game
Is so over played
My heart just can’t take
Another disappointing ache

If we’re going to be
Then let us be
But if we’re not, then I’ll set us free

I’m done with this in-between game

© Copyright 2013 By Steve Ryan
From the Book ''Love Poems Are You The One''.
EBook & Paperback available on Amazon 
Audiobook available on Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment