Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Goodbye My Past Love, Goodbye

Goodbye My Past Love, Goodbye

I realized this morning that I never said goodbye
Now that I have real love, I must try
For once upon a time, you were in my past
Whatever was fate’s reason, it did not last

You will always hold a special place in my heart
But right now, I’m working on a new romantic start
My current love right now, is something that’s true
A new commitment is growing and I finally have let go of you

I realized that I didn’t have full closure inside
That’s because I chose to ignore it and I was full of pride
I realized that when you don’t let your past go
Then eventually that past will start to show

And I feel that it’s time for me to make progress
It’s time for me to enjoy my current happiness
I did think about you today, but it was in a negative way
But I can’t entertain it because that’s cheating

Our paths in the past crossed more than one time
But you took it for granted and missed out on sunshine
And now that I have had a chance to move on
I am a better person today, I am really strong

You really had me wrapped around you
I said to myself, I will no longer be a fool
So now I must do what I need to do
And that is reach inside and let go of you

My love is growing with my new romance
I have to follow my heart and not blow this chance

Goodbye my past love, goodbye

© Copyright 2013 By Steve Ryan
From the Book ''Love Poems Are You The One''.
EBook & Paperback available on Amazon 
Audiobook available on Audible

5 comments: