Friday, August 18, 2017

Why Do You Hurt Me?

Why Do You Hurt Me?

Why do you treat me so bad?
I loved you as I loved myself
And you simply threw it all away
Why did you bother to greet me?

Why did you ever meet me?
I was there when there was no one there
To show support and undying love and loyalty
And my compensation was damnation

As I try to move on with my life
It is hard because you are constantly on my mind
And though I want to hate you
I now understand the thin line between love and hate

Although you’ve been horrible
I still care for you
It’s just time to protect myself
I have to face the truth

You claim to want to be different
To be at peace and settle with one
But your ever cry is only words

No action is ever fulfilled from your tongue

© Copyright 2013 By Steve Ryan
From the Book ''Love Poems Are You The One''.
EBook & Paperback available on Amazon 
Audiobook available on Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment