Thursday, December 8, 2016

Will You Commit or Surrender Me?

Will You Commit or Surrender Me?

My love, I don’t know what to say or do
I’m lost in a state in which I’m confused
I get so many signals that you’re ready for commitment
But then reality brings me back to your contentment

And I see that you’re happy with the way things are
You only want your heart to go so far
I have to protect me and my interest
I can’t be in a game of pretending

I know there is a love that is mutual and it won’t rest
But at the end of the day, my questions lead to stress
And I start to wonder how much I really mean to you
Would you even fight for me if my love was possible to lose?

Would you even cry for me if I decided to leave you?
I wonder what decision you would choose
My love, my heart is being torn apart
I can’t remain in a love that has no path to start

I haven’t exactly come to my decision
I want to react with proper precision
I don’t want to let you go if real love has a chance
Some days I feel we have a true romance

I’m getting mixed signals that come straight from heart
Although your mouth says no to a long term relationship
Your actions says yes to a lifelong romantic start

So will you surrender me or will we have a true commitment?

© Copyright 2013 By Steve Ryan
From the Book ''Love Poems Are You The One''.
EBook & Paperback available on Amazon 
Audiobook available on Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment